Our patented Digital Vault provides premier security.
Enhanced Software for Securing, Managing and Auditing Privileged Identities Responds to Skyrocketing Market Demand
Announcing Enterprise Password Vault 4.5™, with power features to streamline the management, integration and performance of administrative accounts and passwords… all while delivering a new level of support for Application identities
NEWTON, MA - October 2, 2007 - Cyber-Ark Software, the leading provider of solutions for Privileged Identity Management (PIM), today announced the availability of Enterprise Password Vault 4.5 (EPV), new version that's packed with the power features today's enterprises demand for Application Identity Management and Administrator Identity Management. When it comes to App2App accounts, EPV 4.5 offers new support for removing hard-coded passwords in applications, scripts and application servers, including revolutionary plug-and-play coverage for WebSphere and Weblogic application servers. In terms of all privileged identities, EPV 4.5 provides higher levels of automation, integration and performance when managing group accounts such as administrative, root, shared to app, script and parameter files.
"Large organizations are under significant pressure to restrict access to privileged accounts, in no small part due to compliance pressures," noted Mark Diodati, Senior Analyst for Burton Group's Identity and Privacy Strategies service. "Privilege account management systems can help organizations meet their compliance and security goals by controlling access to these accounts. These accounts can cause denial of service attacks and breach confidential information, with significant consequences for the organization."
What's New in EPV 4.5?
Enterprise Password Vault version 4.5 delivers significant enhancements in terms of managing all types of privileged identities, such as:
- Automating the management of security and workflow policies related to privileged accounts and passwords
- Streamlining the process of auditing and monitoring privileged account usage
- Delivering additional enterprise-ready functionality with enhanced audit and monitoring capabilities, ticketing system integration, and support for more devices than ever before
In terms of application identities, EPV 4.5 also offers:
- Plug-and-play support for removing application server passwords in WebSphere and Weblogic application servers
- Performance and high-availability enhancements to support the unique needs of distributed application accounts
Enhanced Automation and Streamlining of Day-to-Day Tasks
EPV 4.5 offers a variety of new capabilities that decrease the workload required for the day-to-day management of privileged identities, including:
- Robust policy management options that deliver granular, object level access control, giving IT the ability to easily and efficiently allow or deny retrieval of a specific object to/from a specific owner
- Powerful password verification and reconciliation capabilities which can verify, change, reconcile and auto-detect the implementation of password policy without any manual intervention
- More automated password management options than ever before, giving IT personnel a new level of power over privileged account detection and control, privileged user provisioning and de-provisioning and more
- Streamlined system management by allowing faster access to target passwords, providing more options in terms of searching for passwords, enabling automatic management of multiple passwords, and giving users the ability to see, lock and release many passwords within a single operation
Auditors will find their workload decreased in EPV 4.5 as well, via an improved dashboard that highlights policy violations, verification and reconciliation alerts, auto-detection status and objects requiring attention. In addition, new Audit Entitlement reports now list the effective access control and authorization level of users to different systems across the enterprise.
Enhanced Enterprise-Class Integration
EPV 4.5 continues to deliver the industry's highest levels of enterprise-class integration, including:
- Robust support for ticketing systems with functionality that is flexible enough to suit a wide range of needs for seamless support ticket validation and creation upon password request
- Transparent connection to managed devices, an option for Windows machines that allows a direct "connect" operation from EPV to the managed system
- Support for the following new devices: F5 Big IP, Fortinet Fortigate, HP iLO, SUN ALOM and the Alcatel Network Switch
- New authentication, such as enhanced PKI support and built-in Oracle SSO integration
Revolutionary Plug-and-Play Support for Application Servers Launched
Perhaps the most dramatic enhancement in EPV 4.5 is the new plug-and-play support for the database or application passwords used in application server data sources. A key breakthrough in the Application Identity Management (APM) space, this patent-pending technology:
- Requires no code change to remove hard-coded passwords from application servers
- Drastically decreases the total time, effort and risk associated with removing hard-coded passwords in an App2App environment
In EPV 4.5, this revolutionary approach is applied to the most common application servers in the enterprise, WebSphere and Weblogic.
Performance Enhancements for Application Environments
EPV 4.5 delivers a broad array of capabilities for managing passwords and accounts connecting applications and scripts. One of the most crucial of these developments concerns changes to the underlying architecture of the EPV solution in order to deliver higher levels of performance than ever before.
Specifically, EPV 4.5 offers a new architecture option that manages and protects passwords in distributed environments with a secure local cache. This new configuration option allows for high-performance access to application passwords, a particularly useful feature for high-volume implementations such as those related to retail companies and PCI requirements. In fact, these performance enhancements were in part inspired by the increasing frequency of APM being identified by an audit within the retail-focused enterprises where systems require high-volume environments that are widely distributed.
EPV 4.5 addresses the three key requirements of retail and similar mass-throughput environments, such as:
- High availability and maximum survivability to applications
- High performance
- Securing the password on time, every time
With this unique solution architecture, EPV 4.5 now meets the operational, security and survivability requirements of these tough enterprises.
"Whether considering the realms of Application Identity Management specifically or Privileged Identity Management in general, EPV 4.5 represents the new standard for enterprises in terms of securing, managing and controlling their most powerful accounts and passwords," says Udi Mokady, CEO of Cyber-Ark Software. "It is this kind of aggressive response to market needs that has made Cyber-Ark the number one choice of enterprises around the world for securing administrative identities."
Cyber-Ark™ Software is the leading provider of Privileged Identity Management (PIM) solutions for securing privileged user accounts and highly-sensitive information across the enterprise. Long recognized as an industry innovator for its patented Vaulting Technology™, Cyber-Ark's digital vault products include: The Enterprise Password Vault™ for the secure management of administrative, application and privileged user passwords; the Inter-Business Vault™, a secure infrastructure for cross-enterprise data exchange of highly-sensitive information, and the Sensitive Document Vault™ for secure storage and management of highly-sensitive documents. Cyber-Ark's Vaulting platform has been tested by ICSA Labs, an independent division of Cybertrust and the security industry's central authority for research, intelligence, and certification testing of security products. Cyber-Ark's award-winning technology is deployed by more than 300 global customers, including 100 of the world's largest banks and financial institutions. Headquartered in Newton, MA, Cyber-Ark has offices and authorized partners in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.cyber-ark.com