Our patented Digital Vault provides premier security.
CYBER-ARK RELEASES NEW ENTERPRISE PASSWORD VAULT™ APPLIANCE OPTION
New Offering Combines the Simplicity of a Pre-configured Appliance with the Award-Winning Power of Enterprise Password Vault Software to Simplify Management of Privileged and Administrator Accounts
DEDHAM, Mass. - August 21, 2006 - Cyber-Ark® Software, the information security software company that develops and markets digital vaults for securing and managing highly-sensitive information within and across global enterprise networks, today announced a new appliance-based edition of its industry leading Enterprise Password Vault. The addition of this new appliance now gives its existing and future customers the option of adding on to their existing deployment for the increased securing, managing, updating and controlling of privileged user passwords.
Cyber-Ark's Enterprise Password Vault is addressing a market need that organizations such as ABN Amro, Cendant, Voca and Belgacom have already seen as an issue. The new appliance offering will simplify deployment and shorten implementation time. A current area of growing concern within the IT environment is the use of privileged user accounts, which are the most powerful accounts defined within critical applications and the servers, operating systems and databases on which they run. These accounts come in a number of different guises and include, but are not limited to, generic accounts such as Administrator on Wintel platforms, Root on UNIX systems, Cisco Enable, DBA passwords and any hard-coded passwords found in application code or scripts throughout an enterprise.
"If privileged user accounts are not properly managed and secured, it leaves critical applications and the data they contain vulnerable to deliberate or inadvertent misuse, breaches, and data theft," says Henry Sacco, Director of IT Solutions at Authoria. "For this reason, privileged accounts are under increasing scrutiny by internal and external auditors, and the inability to safeguard the use of administrative or privileged passwords is becoming one of the key reasons that many organizations fail compliance audits."
"The audit process is long and cumbersome within all enterprises today," said Adam Bosnian, vice president of products, strategy and sales at Cyber-Ark "More and more organizations today are looking for a solution that is easy to install, use and secure its' most critical information. This new appliance edition of the Enterprise Password Vault is keeping sensitive information safe and securely managing administrator privileges and passwords. Even customers who have implemented or are considering an Identity and Access Management solution find that managing privileged accounts is not in the scope of these solutions, and are therefore turning to Cyber-Ark Enterprise Password Vault for this critical solution."
The new Enterprise Password Vault Appliance offers complete separation of duties, ensuring that sensitive information is never visible to anyone who does not have explicit permission, and provides the ability to implement a distributed infrastructure with segregation between password repository and the change management component. In addition, capabilities of the Enterprise Password Vault Appliance include:
- Multi-layer Security - The Solution's patented Vaulting Technology uses multiple layers of security while operating with no open ports for telnet, FTP, HTTP and SMTP. This system protects passwords during transmission as well as at rest. Back-ups are stored encrypted and are securely extracted from the appliance.
- Password Policy Enforcement - All privileged and administrative accounts are protected and managed according to customer defined policies to ensure compliance with internal IT procedures and industry regulations..
- Audit Reports - Visual security technology enables owners of privileged user accounts to track privileged users and have visibility of audit details. Additionally, Enterprise Password Vault allows auditors to create detailed reports required by Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, etc. in self-service formats including Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Access-Control Mechanisms - The Enterprise Password Vault provides a built-in access control mechanism. Users can be allowed to read, write, delete, or administer data according to the access control rules.
- Change Management - The Enterprise Password Vault solution provides a tamper proof mechanism for secure access and automates the change management of privileged accounts, embedded passwords, and administrator accounts for any system and application.
Cyber-Ark Software is an Information Security company that develops and markets digital vaults for securing and managing sensitive information within and across global enterprise networks. Based on it's patented Vaulting Technology™, Cyber-Ark's digital vault products include: The Inter-Business Vault®, a secure infrastructure for cross-enterprise data exchange of highly-sensitive information; the Network Vault®, for secure storage and management of highly-sensitive documents, and the Enterprise Password Vault, for the secure management of administrative, emergency and privileged user passwords. Cyber-Ark's Vaulting platform has been tested by ICSA Labs, an independent division of Cybertrust. ICSA is the security industry's central authority for research, intelligence, and certification testing of security products.
Cyber-Ark Software was founded in 1999 by a team of industry-recognized security experts with the aim of producing a truly effective security offering where complete end-to-end security was the initial, key design consideration rather than applied as an afterthought. Today, over 200 Global 1000 companies rely on Cyber-Ark Software's digital vault solutions for managing, sharing and securing highly-sensitive information both within their organization and with their partners, vendors and customers. Cyber-Ark Software is privately held and backed by some of the world's most successful venture capitalists, including Jerusalem Venture Partners, Seed Capital Partners (a SOFTBANK Affiliate), JP Morgan/Chase Partners and Vertex Management.