Our patented Digital Vault provides premier security.
CYBER-ARK HELPS ENTERPRISES BATTLE INFORMATION LEAKAGE WITH INTER-BUSINESS VAULT® FOR MANAGED FILE TRANSFER
Uniquely Secures Confidential Files Both in Transit and at Rest, Connecting with Applications Throughout the Enterprise with Unmatched Interface Support and Open APIs
Dedham, Mass.-July 18, 2005 - Cyber-Ark® Software Inc., the leader in Vaulting Technology, today unveiled the Inter-Business Vault® for Managed File Transfer. The Inter-Business Vault delivers a secure means where information can easily be stored, shared and accessed from anywhere in the world by employees, partners, customers and sub-contractors. This powerful, yet simple to install solution arms organizations to fight against a wave of information leakage problems, enabling them to instantly secure electronic files in transit and at rest, as well as automating and auditing key file transfer functions.
"Every day, another major organization reports a significant leak of confidential information and millions of people are experiencing privacy failures, including full-blown identity theft. With massive customer-and now legislative-pressures, organizations are looking for a fast, safe means of securing sensitive information without dramatically altering their existing IT systems and business processes," said Tom Crawford, president and CEO of Cyber-Ark. "Cyber-Ark's Inter-Business Vault uniquely secures files both in transit and at rest, greatly automating file transfer and providing the authorization, auditing and reporting critical to ensuring the safety of sensitive information. It is the perfect, standard secure communications backbone for electronic information sharing"
The Inter-Business Vault for Managed File Transfer features:
- Secure Storage for Data Transfers - provides secure intermediate location for data as it's being transferred to its destination. Data may be exposed when it's waiting to be transferred to or picked up by its recipient. The Vault eliminates this security risk and helps organizations meet regulatory compliance.
- Vault Connectors - offer an unmatched spectrum of interfaces, including file systems (CIFS), mail systems (SMTP), file transfer protocols (FTP) and Internet protocols (HTTP). These deliver near-instant integration with existing information systems and business processes, as well as allowing users to access information from the same network drives and applications used daily without additional training or any disruption in business processes.
- Open APIs and CLIs - enable organizations to integrate into a diverse landscape of enterprise systems, including custom and home-grown applications, and allowing robust and flexible customization of the data exchange process.
- One-Click Transfer - automates and dramatically simplifies the transfer of information to and from the electronic Vault, bringing the power of sharing and exchanging data even to the most inexperienced computer users. Reports, critical files and sensitive documents can now be securely stored with the touch of a single on-screen button.
- Powerful Auditing and Notification Features - Enable a regulatory compliant audit trail to be created for each transfer and data access. Additionally, an e-mail can be generated specifying the activity that was carried out.
- Instant, Automated Encryption - guarantees that every user transaction and server response is encrypted. Files are encrypted when they are stored inside the Vault as well as when they are transmitted, using symmetric encryption with the key management handled internally. This automatic key management scheme makes encryption completely transparent to the end user and requires no administrative intervention whatsoever.
- Granular Access Control - creates an environment where users are only aware of the safes and data they are allowed to access, ensuring information gets only to the right recipients.
- Regulatory Compliant Security Functionality - is included in the Vault which provides all security aspects to fulfill the strictest regulatory requirements, including storage encryption, session encryption, authentication, access control and extensive logging.
"Managed file transfer [MFT] suite deployments are popular in businesses that frequently move large amounts of sensitive data, such as, financial, healthcare and telecom companies, and in these verticals there are many new initiatives on the horizon," said Frank Kenney, principle analyst, Gartner. "For example, the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the U.S. Public Company Accounting Reform and the Investor Protection Act of 2002 (the Sarbanes-Oxley Act) are addressing internal and external mandates calling for every process to be documented, auditable and accountable. This includes existing business processes that incorporate or leverage traditional communications protocols. As a result, businesses within the mandate spectrum should examine how they plan to manage their transferred files securely, and MFT suites can help if deployed properly."
Cyber-Ark Software is the leader in Vaulting solutions for securely connecting enterprises. The Company's Inter-Business Vault enables the creation of secure instant wide area networks (WANs) for connecting enterprises with partners, customers and sub-contractors over the Internet - enabling them to exchange information as if they have deployed a shared WAN, but without actually doing so. Cyber-Ark's leading Inter-Business Vault applications include solutions for Treasury Management files, Product Design files and Source Code. In addition to its business-to-business solutions, Cyber-Ark's Network Vault provides solutions for securely managing critical information, such as administrative passwords and critical documents, within the enterprise. Today Cyber-Ark enjoys strong customer relationships with more than 150 Global 1000 companies around the world.
Founded by a group of leading military security experts and computer engineers, Cyber-Ark Software is privately held and backed by some of the world's most successful venture capitalists, including Jerusalem Venture Partners, Seed Capital Partners (a SOFTBANK Affiliate), JP Morgan/Chase Partners and Vertex Management.
The Company is located in Dedham, Mass. and on the World Wide Web at www.cyber-ark.com
Cyber-Ark, Network Vault, Inter-Business Vault, and Vaulting Technology are trademarks of Cyber-Ark Software Ltd. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved
Cyber-Ark Software Press Contact:
Vice President of Marketing