Our patented Digital Vault provides premier security.
Unix / Linux Security
In many organizations, IT administrators, application developers, database administrators and others are known to have permanent, continuous yet anonymous superuser privileges. As a result, too many people have the potential to be exposed to privileged accounts that can access business critical systems and data that are not part of their day-to-day role or responsibilities.
The biggest challenge organizations face today with regards to their superusers is both knowing and controlling who is accessing their business-critical systems and information, when and why they are accessing them and what actions they take. Without insight into this information, organizations risk:
- Non compliance with regulation standards - Regulatory standards such as Payment Card Industry Data Security (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the numerous others around the world are demanding tighter control and tracking of superusers.
- Operational complexities - Multiple superusers without command-specific privileges may lead to increased human errors that reduce the reliability, availability or performance of mission-critical systems.
- A tradeoff between security, business and operational needs - The inability to scale well in the large enterprise with many UNIX servers to manage and configure, makes today's most commonly used SUDO solution operationally challenging for many organizations. Furthermore, the SUDO solution lacks a reporting mechanism for managers and auditors and overall provides a less secure solution than required as files and audit logs are stored locally, thus exposing them to human tampering by those same users who have root permissions.
For organizations with audit, compliance and security concerns in their UNIX environments, Cyber-Ark Software® offers a comprehensive and integrated solution for securing 'root' access, granting granular access control to perform privileged superuser commands and offers real-time monitoring or recorded playback of SSH keystroke sessions with the ability to search sessions at the command level.
It is the only solution that audits and reports on all privileged activity performed through SSH, protects against malware-based attacks, provides real-time alerts on malicious command-level activity, and is an integral part of a comprehensive privileged account protection, accountability and intelligence solution.
- Secure and protect 'root' accounts to minimize data breaches and outages associated with uncontrolled access to the superuser account.
- Comply with regulation and audits by proving that you secure, manage and control superuser privileges.
- Easily pinpoint critical business system failures with advanced monitoring and reporting tools.
- Replace siloed SUDO solutions with an enterprise ready and scalable solution that has unparalleled security, centralized management and enhanced audit capabilities.
- Reduce total cost of ownership with an integrated solution that eliminates the need for two separate products for Privileged Account and Privileged User Management.
- Privileged Identity Management Brochure
- Privileged Session Management Brochure
- On-Demand Privileges Manager™ Datasheet
- The 10 Pains of UNIX/ Linux Security